Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mack's Goulash


I love this recipe it brings back memories of my Dad. Dad would call me up and say, "I'm going to Jackson, wanna go eat at Morrison's?". Of course, it was a trip with my Dad! We would get this every time we went. I don't think they had a name for it other than Okra, Onions, and Tomatoes. My Dad was a very good cook so he started making it at home and well here's his recipe. I hope you enjoy it.

Mack's Goulash
  • 16oz bag Okra, frozen
  • 14oz died tomatoes
  • 1 cup onions, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, cook onions in butter till they turn transparent or soft. Thaw Okra, add to onions. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to pot, bring to boil. Reduce heat cover and cook for 20 minutes stiring often.

Servings: 4
Calories: 374
Carbs per servings: 15.87



No comments:

Post a Comment