Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese




Don't let this word, cauliflower scare you. All my life the only way I have eaten cauliflower was with dip. I didn't think of it any other way until now. A friend shared the recipe with me. I tested it,  and found it to be fantastic. So I am sharing it with you today.

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
  • 16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower
  • 4  ounces cream cheese
  • 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste

Cook the cauliflower until tender & drain.  Butter a 9x13 casserole dish, set a side.  Microwave the cream cheese until soft, whisk in the heavy cream until smooth, then stir in about 2 cups of the cheddar cheese.  Microwave until the cheese is melted.  Add salt and pepper and stir. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat. Place into the buttered casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 350ยบ for 35 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top. Let it stand a few minutes.

Servings: 12
Calories: 139
Carbs: 2.22


No comments:

Post a Comment